Monday, September 1, 2014

You've got a friend

If your looking for my Virginia's View challenge post, please scroll down.

Hey y'all! It's my second post of the day! And this time I'm back because we have a brand new challenge up at Poppy Sketches!

Okay, so here's my take!


So, let me be honest for a minute. I have to sort of laugh at myself. When making this card, I was so focused on incorporating the sponsor, that I forgot about not only about the colors, but the sketch itself! lol Leave it to me, to do something like that! Though, once I came to my senses, everything fell into place. ;)

I started with my fame and adding some light pink color to it. Which, I used a gelato with a little bit of water and just smeared it around (using a piece of foam and my finger). After that, I stamped on some flowers using a light pink ink. Once done, I added my sentiment in black. Then, added a little piece of red scalloped paper underneath. To finish things off, I added a piece of off white/neutral color burlap under my frame. And a top strip of pink cardstock with a mini clothespin, to tie everything together. So, what you think?!!...

Be sure to swing on over to Poppy Sketches and see all the DT creations! And I sure hope you'll join us?!!...Hope to see you there! :)

Thanks for stopping by, again!
Enjoy your day!



12 comments:

  1. love the subtle flowers that you stamped on the sponsor's panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...psst....I did that several times too when I was on the Poppy Sketches team :)

    LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heehee I have done that too.. it is funny when you finish and you think well that just did not seem right.. lol... your card is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love all the texture and dimension on your card! That is one cool Polaroid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clip and the layer of burlap, such great textures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I love how you added the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was pretty funny, Shelly! I can totally relate! And, hey, good job with the fingerpainting! See, it is true: everything we ever need to know we learned in Kindergarten!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab take on the sketch!! I love the pop of red against the whit and soft pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the burlap
    the small piece of red
    and the pink
    all together , LOVELY Shelly..

    PS: I hope you are not disturbing that I commented on each of your post cause I see your small icon face at some card maker blog and I want to visiting you and would be soo happy if you like to visiting me back...I hope you like to be my blog land friend Shelly...happy sunday...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete