Friday, January 2, 2015

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge 135

Hey y'all! Today, is my first official post for CAS-ual Fridays challenge!!!...Eek! I'm so excited! :)

As many of you know, CAS-ual Fridays challenge took a little break but today it's back! And we have a totally fun challenge for you to play along with!


So, here's my card!


I totally love it, don't you?!...However, let me be the first to tell you. This card did not come easy for me. I'm not sure if I just felt like I had to come up with something beyond grand or what?!...lol...I'm seriously thinking my crafty mojo decided to leave me for a bit. Days and days past, before this. 

Though, once I had another one of my ideas, I rolled with it. I started with looking at my vellum, then was trying to think of a good paper to go with it. And luckily I had some. (would have been a bummer, if I couldn't of found anything.) ;) Once done, I trimmed up my papers to fit nicely in the corner. (I used a solid white piece of cardstock under the vellum, which I stamped my 'note' on in black ink.) Before actually adhering my papers, I stamped on my sentiment at a slight angle. Then when done, added my papers. After, I added my felt flower and sequins. Fun, yeah?...

Be sure to swing on over to CAS-ual Fridays to see all the awesome DT creations! And while your there, be sure to join us! :) 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Enjoy your day!

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Supplies Used:




15 comments:

  1. Wee it might have been tricky to come up with it but I LOVE this card! Rebecca (fellow DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Shelly! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is so pretty.. love that little felt flower.. great designing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is sooo stunning Shelly!! I love how you've came about the design! It's perfect!! Looking forward to playing along! :) Thanks for sharing! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. So worth the wait, Shelly! Love how your note looks under the patterned vellum. Can't wait to see you rock the CAS-ual Fridays team this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great start of the new year ;o) Congratulations with your dt spot!
    Your card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congratulation on your new DT gig Shelly, you will be awesome and now I am looking forward to the new challenge!! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card!! I love the polka dots and the papers in the top corner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card. Excellent composition.
    And thank you for the inspiration. Thanks to you, I reached for the felt, and before that it was a taboo for me product.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd never guess you had trouble with this card. I think it's pretty spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so super cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so simple so sweet and so rich of the color and texture
    I wish I can make a simple and mini design like you did Shelly
    Adorable card

    ReplyDelete